City Hall Municipal Offices
525 High Street
Burlington NJ 08016
TEL: 609-386-0200 ext. 133
THE GOVERNING BODY
David H. Ballard
ON THIS PAGE:
What the Business Administrator Does
Jump to City Organization Chart
Department Directors are appointed officials and report to the Business Adminstrator and include Police Chief, Chief Financial Officer, City Engineer, Director of Public Works, Solicitor, and Director of Public Affairs & Recreation. For details about these Departments and their Divisions, visit Departments Directory.
See Meeting Calendar
The Director of the Department of Administration is known as the Business Administrator. This department, under the supervision of the Mayor, performs all appropriate functions associated with:
- Assisting in preparation of budget
- Administration of centralized purchasing system
- Development and administration of a sound personnel system
- Performing such other duties as Council may prescribe
- Investigating all Departmental organization and operations
- Prescribing standards and rules of administrative practice and procedure, including the City's Civil Rights Policy
- Consulting Dept. heads with regard to budgeting, personnel, and purchasing
- Audit, accounting, and controls
As an Appointed Official, the Business Administrator daily interacts with the Administration and Governing Body, making direct public contact somewhat limited.
Monitoring and Enforcement of the City’s Civil Rights Policy
It is the policy of the City of Burlington to treat the public, employees, prospective employees, appointees, volunteers, and contractors in a manner consistent with all applicable civil rights and regulations, including but not limited to the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, as subsequently amended, the New Jersey Law against Discrimination, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Conscientious Employee Protection Act.
In 2010, Common Council determined that written procedures needed to be established by the Business Administrator to accomplish this policy, to establish a system to monitor compliance, to require compliance training, and annually to communicate a statement from the governing body expressing its unequivocal commitment to enforce this resolution.
To view and/or print a full copy of Resolution 77-2010 and Policy & Procedure, please click on the following link. Civil Rights Resolution and Policy.