Animal Control


The City no longer provides Animal Control services, but provides referral to a selected private contractor.  If you have an issue with domestic or wild animals, please contact the Police Dept., who will assist with appropriate information.   Please call 609-386-3300 for assistance.

The City does not provide animal control services for wild animals. Residents should contact private animal removal services for wild animals.

The Division of Animal Control does not issue dog licenses. All dogs living in the City of Burlington over the age of 6 months must be licensed annually. Cats need not be licensed.


Dog licenses are available from the Health Division/Registrar, 10 am – 4 pm Tue–Fri at:
City Hall Municipal Offices
525 High Street
Burlington NJ 08016
TEL: 609-386-0200 ext. 137

Be prepared to provide:
• certificate of rabies vaccination
• proof of spaying or neutering, if done.
Fees are:
Dogs spayed or neutered: $8/yr.
Dogs NOT spayed or neutered: $11/yr.
Dog licenses should be renewed each calendar year during the month of January, or the owner will be assessed a late fee! 
Dog Licenses are no longer offered at Keegan Center.